As much as this term has been busy and hectic, I am very glad that many of us can still find time amidst our busy schedule every week to perform our services. Each Thursday is approached with eager anticipation and enthusiasm. One year ago, when I joined WSC youth, I came with a mentality that I was doing a favor for the society (or for the boys, at least) by doing voluntary welfare services. But little have I thought that that it is them who is doing me a favor and that I would be the one who would sooner or later, found out that I have yet to learn so many things in life.
The Blk E members have been nothing but sweet, and kind. They have certainly added plenty of joy and happiness to my life on a foreign land. They welcomed me and treated me with much love, generosity and kindness that is way beyond what I would have hoped for.
I was particularly entertained by the Mona Lisa game that we played in tonight’s session. Many times have I played this game with different friends, but tonight, the game was played with a very different light. We laughed at matters that many would consider to be trivial. But it is these trivial matters, that when accumulated, will form parts of the memories of our life in NTU.
It was only towards the end of the session that I learnt that one of the boys (for sake of good name, we shall protect his anonymity, and address him as D.) will be leaving soon. D. easily tops as one of the funniest person I’ve met in my life. Raw as he is, he treats us with respect and jokes with an open heart. I was surprisingly disturbed by the fact that he will be leaving soon. Good-byes often seem so permanent. :( But as heavy as my heart is, as all our hearts are, I believe that every one of us is happy for him. I pray that God will bless him with strength and courage in all his future undertakings.
Jennifer, I will master my skills on the rhythm game. Somehow, someday. Don’t laugh. :)
Zhiying, I hope you are feeling much better.
Sheeling

sheeling, i felt the same with you when i was year 1..but as you said.we feel happy for him too.. Let's us welcome another group of new boys in the future together~
ReplyDelete