Today was our 3rd session of the semester with the boys. As usual, we met in school to have dinner before proceeding over to the boy's home.
All the seniors were present today, except of course Aloysious who is at Ontario now. :) Upon reaching the home, the boys were still having their dinner and we (Jennifer, Sheeling and me) waited inside the meeting room. Of course, this was where the fun come. :) Jennifer taught us some new rhythm games and we had laughter and fun together. However, most importantly, we warmed up for the sessions later too. Haha.
For today's session, all of us became tuition teachers, attending to academic queries of the boys and guiding them along the way. The first session was held from 7 to 8pm, where the boys was spilt into 3 groups: 2 groups doing N level Math while another group doing O Level Math. Each of us was attending to about 3 boys. Jennifer, Sheeling and I taught Math, before we were joined by Yuwen, Janice and XinYi. They took over us at 8pm and taught their specialty subjects like Chemistry and English, while its our turn to slack around. Heehee. If you think English is hard to teach, then you gonna find XinYi !!! haha :)
After today's session, I think we can all be qualified tuition centre teachers le. :) This platform to teach had also given us the opportunity to interact with the boys more and I guess this session had been pretty meaningful and fruitful, especially so for the boys who will be taking their National Exams in a couple of weeks. Most of them (or I shld say All of them) are pretty motivated to do well and I hope with their determination, they will achieve the success that they so deserved. :)
~Zhi Ying
No comments:
Post a Comment